Post Inspiration

Hello, it is i, Nuburi. I have a favor to ask, if you have any ideas, questions or anything else to do with LOTR, The Hobbit, Middle Earth etc, please leave a comment on a post and i will do an article on the subject, i need this because its not easy getting inspirational ideas for posts.
Nuburi Of Erebor

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Role Playing

When im not doing other things to do with Middle Earth I can usually be found role playing in LOTRO.  I have even gone so far to create an entire character, here is his info about himself.

(I have also changed my name to Nuburi)




Nuburi

Physical Characteristics

Green eyes

Large nose

Slightly hard of hearing

Sometimes blurry eyesight

Physiological Characteristics

Learns Academic Skills Quicker than a normal dwarf

Has a nack for crafts

Short temper

Kind of heart

Hates In Life

Goblins

Liars

Mild Dislikes

Wood elves

Horses and ponies

The Race of men

Killing Dwarves

Taking orders

Suspicious of

Rangers

Southerners

Height

114 cm

Scars

A scar across his right arm

Pleasures

Reading

Scholary

Lore and history

 

Age

86 Man Years

 

Biography of life

I was born on the first of Moon of Good Health in 2933 of the Third Age

As a child I was a troublemaker, me and my brother Ruburi were respectable but suspicious of.

 

 

When I hit the young age of 15 I was apprenticed by my father to a local blacksmith named Limli Steelsmasher. He was a second father to me. I learnt respect and skill from that dwarf. I practiced my skill until the age of 75 when I was allowed to leave and explore the world. My brother was to explore as well, but in different direction and cause, his cause was to see the world and write songs about the things he witnessed.

 

 

On the day of me and my brothers leaving I was given a farewell at the gates by my parents and my close friends and family. A few tears were shed but only by the women.

 

 

I and my brother were to travel to the start of the old forest road and discuss where to go from there. When we got there I wanted to take the short and dangerous road through Mirkwood and my brother wanted to take the long safe way around. So we had a wager, I would go through Mirkwood and he would go round Mirkwood and the first to the other side of the road would win. So I said goodbye grabbed half the supplies and journeyed into Mirkwood.

 

 

I took the old forest road and tried to follow it the whole way but the road was old and overrun with foliage. Very soon I begun to feel lost and unsure, the air was filled with madness, it seeped into your mind and drove you crazy. My provisions were made to last a week or two for the trip to Rivendell. When my provisions ran out I had to be resourceful. I ended up killing a spider and eating its legs which I knew were not poisonous. So I had to eat this for six weeks, eating spider and hiding in logs, disgraceful.

 

 

Then on the sixth week and third day I went out to look for the path, by this time I was talking to myself, skipping around and singing to myself, ide gone mad. While I was skipping along I saw a limp body on top of a large crawler.

I went and tapped it on the shoulder, it moved. So I poked its face, it made a sound. I realised it was a dwarf, a dwarf with pointy ears, like an elf or hobbit. His skin was fairer than any dwarf. He then got up and tried to stab me with a knife, he yelled at me “Why did you kill her!”. I knew the blade as a blade of ancient make of my kin. This stirred memories of a time, a time where I didn’t eat spiders, didn’t sing and skip. This brought my sanity back, I could finally think clearly. I than realised I must help this poor soul, so I Chucked him in the back of me cart and rode off singing a song. We were heading to Rivendell.

 

 

On the way to Rivendell I met up with Ruburi, but he seemed a little injured so I put him in the cart next to the strange dwarf.

 

 

When we got to Rivendell I went to the closest healer and left the pointy eared dwarf and Ruburi there while I went to the inn, I ordered the biggest ale they had and sat down in the corner and pulled my green hood over my head so no one could see me. Five minutes later Ruburi came and sat across from me and his first words were “I win”. I grumbled an answer and handed the bag of coins promised over to him. We talked about the adventures we had on the way and shared laughs. Than Ruburi said “Strange dwarf, that one, got pointy ears like an elf and a body build of our kin.” “Aye he is, tried stabbing me with an ancient blade, I later examined it and it says in dwarvish Shomakhal, guardian” I said. My brother reacted “Aye that blade would only be given to a respectable dwarf for a blade of that would’ve been given by the king under the mountain! For a blade like that was given to traders and merchants who helped Erebor prosper.” Said Ruburi. “Exactly” I said.

 

 

The next day I went and checked on the dwarf, the healer said he could heal him but it will be hard for he was driven mad by a certain memory. I asked about the  pointy ears and the healer sucked in his lips and said that he was half elf, I gasped and said that’s disgusting! He said its true. I said “When I found him he jumped up and tried stabbing me yelling why did you kill her, does that make any sense to you?”

The healer said that he thinks a family member he loved dearly was murdered by something or someone.

 

 

The next day the dwarf woke and I had a conversation with him, I asked him his name Tanar. He said that his sister was killed, by a spider of Mirkwood. I told him where I was going and he asked if he could come along, I answered sure for he was a half dwarf.

 

 

When Tanar was mentally healed I, Tanar and Ruburi headed to Bree, on the way there, there was no problems.

 

When we got to Bree Ruburi left and went to another region of middle earth and I and Tanar have decided to become craftsman and adventurers and now the journey begins.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how much thought you have put into your character! He sounds like an interesting chap

    ReplyDelete